Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3rd Quarter Poems

I pulled aside misconceptions
as a curtain of deceptions
And saw the light.
I took away temptation
like a blindfold from salvation
and found my sight.
I looked with great elation
at the grave of devastation
and I felt life.
And as an acclamation
turn from condemnation
for His delight.
And through this transformation
I see Your illustration
of abundant life.
And God I'm Your creation
we're called to celebration
with our new sight.







Second Poem- Retreat Paragraph Style Poem

Cattail hands reaching in the valley of death. Arms link; rope bridges to repentance. Sobs heave abandoning rhythm; Sounds like the book of life. Mighty thunder from above blinds us from the swamp beneath our feet, who wander here below. One too many shadows blink and flicker, there to trick, there to lie. In the valley of twisted truth, of every days' deceit, far beneath the heavens, I fear no evil. You walk with me through those who walk together for You.

3 comments:

  1. This is really good...almost like a hymn of praise. see if you can eliminate any words..especially the "non- charged" ones...what i mean is each word should move the poem forward...i like the curtain & blindfold metaphors- can they be fulfilled in the end of the poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I added a few lines and took some away. I think I like it better now.

    ReplyDelete

I leave you with these words:

Bravery and fearlessness are two completely different things